Batumi Sea Port Limited has successfully passed certification for OHSAS18001:2007Batumi Sea Port Limited has successfully passed certification according to the requirements of the international standard OHSAS18001:2007
From 10th to 12th June 2013 supervisory audit of Quality Management System (ISO 9001:2008) and Environmental Management System (ISO 14001:2004) as well as a certification audit of the Occupational Health & Safety Management System according to the requirements of the international standard OHSAS 18001:2007 had been conducted at the Batumi Sea Port Limited.
The audit was conducted by the group of independent auditors of the international certification body «BUREAU VERITAS CERTIFICATION».
As a result of the audit a decision was made to prolong the validity of the Quality Management System (ISO 9001:2008) and Environmental Management System (ISO 14001:2004) certificates and to issue a new certificate of compliance of Occupational Health & Safety Management System to the requirements of the international standard OHSAS 18001:2007.
The Director General of the Batumi Sea Port, Mr. Talgat Baitaziev, has stated: "To receive certificates of such value is one more confirmation of the high standards of quality, environment and occupational health & safety management adhered to at Batumi Sea Port. The certified management system enables us to solve the complicated technical and organizational tasks, drives our business controls, provides us with a competitive advantage on the international level and is a guarantee of the quality of our services”.
When developing and implementing the new Occupational Health & Safety Management System the following was done:
- HSE policy and objectives, company standards and instructions were developed;
- Personnel of the Port was trained in requirements of the international standard OHSAS18001:2007, risk assessment and internal auditing methods;
- A working group for hazards identification and risk assessment was created that included managers and lead specialists from departments of the Port;
- Identification of hazards and assessment of risks arising from the industrial activities was conducted;
- Quality, environmental and occupational health & safety processes were integrated that allowed us to clearly define responsibilities and to reduce the number of the documents;
- Internal audit of the occupational health & safety management system was conducted and the system was reviewed by the top management.