Integrated Management System
- The first certificate of conformity to the requirements of the international quality standard ISO 9001 was issued to the Port in 2002 by the Transnational technical society Bureau Veritas Quality International (London) – the world’s leader in the sphere of certification, that confirmed that the Batumi Sea Port Limited had become the first among all the ports in the post-soviet states and on the Black Sea to be awarded with such a certificate
- Environmental Management System was developed and implemented in 2009 which was certified according to the requirements of the international standard ISO 14001:2004 by the independent certification body Bureau Veritas Certification as well as an integrated quality & environmental management system was created
- In 2013 certification body Bureau Veritas Certification conducted an independent audit of the Occupational Health & Safety Management System of the Port, and as a result of the audit a decision was made to issue a new certificate of compliance to the requirements of the international standard OHSAS 18001:2007
- Energy Management System was developed and implemented in 2016 which was certified according to the requirements of the international standard ISO50001:2011
- “Batumi Sea Port Ltd” is one of the first companies in Georgia which has implemented the requirements of the new version of ISO 9001:2015 international standard
Integrated Management System’s scope of certification is “Safe mooring of vessels at berth, safe shipment/unshipping of various cargoes and service of vessels”.
Conformance of Integrated Quality, Occupational Health, Safety, Environment & Energy Management System to the requirements of the international standards as well as its continual improvement is annually confirmed by Bureau Veritas Certification as a result of the supervisory audits.
The certified management system enables us to solve the complicated technical and organizational tasks, drives our business controls, provides us with a competitive advantage on the international level and is a guarantee of the quality of our services. Regular self-assessments and audits ensure our controls and standards are implemented by every operating unit.
Quality, Occupational Health, Safety & Environmental Policy has been developed within the integrated management system with its strategic line to be the continual improvement of the quality of the services to satisfy the requirements of the clients while mitigating adverse environmental impacts of the Port operations, preventing of pollution, injuries and ill health of the personnel of the Port and contractors.
International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS Code) Certificate
This statement of Compliance is valid until 10 February 2025